When it comes to male athletes and physically active people, testosterone plays a very important role. Generally speaking, it is a chemical compound from the androgen group produced in the testes under the influence of other hormones. Interestingly, it can also be produced in small amounts by the adrenal cortex, ovaries and placenta.
It has a wide variety of actions. Among the most important of these will be:
- Shaping sexual characteristics
- Sperm production
- Stimulation of protein synthesi
- Increased libido
The main thing desired by people who train at the gym is the stimulation of muscle protein synthesis. This makes their workouts more intense and makes making progress easier. Reduced testosterone levels can be a problem for muscle growth. There are testosterone boosters on the market with which you can try to eliminate this problem.
Testosterone booster - information
A testosterone booster is a supplement that is available in most drug stores. Its purpose is to increase the concentration of testosterone in a person's body. Their supplementation is not harmful to health - causing unpleasant side effects is rare.
Some of the most popular remedies are, interestingly, those of plant origin. Among the most popular are:
- Ashwaganda - an adaptogenic plant that reduces body stress by positively affecting the entire human nervous system. It comes from India and is known under its Polish name Witania ospana. It improves the vitality and motility of sperm cells
- Ginseng - minimizes erection problems, a popular aphrodisiac which supports sexual activity of men and women. However, it should not be used in people with hypertension or heart problems
- Minorhiza coli - a popular adaptogen often found with ashwaganda.
Testosterone boosters like supplements - depending on the individual - can work very well or poorly. To keep testosterone levels at the right level, don't forget to eat good quality fats and eat foods rich in vitamin D.